May 5, 2015
I am busy working this week on a very special event and for the first time in a long time, it’s not a wedding! I am so honored and excited to be planning and designing for the Alliance of Moms’ 2014 Giant Playdate. It’s exactly what it sounds like: the playdate to end all playdates, a time for families to come together and enjoy one another and just have FUN for a cause. The event is a fundraiser for the Alliance for Children’s Rights: a wonderful organization that provides support and services to foster youth in Los Angeles. I honestly cannot think of a better way to spend the Saturday before Mother’s Day!
I’ve had a heart for foster children for a long time, and as a new adoptive mama (by God’s grace, almost official!) I couldn’t be more delighted to support such a wonderful cause. If you are free this Saturday, snag one of the remaining tickets and join me for a playdate! You can get your tickets HERE.
Here’s what we have in store…
- It’s all taking place at the beautiful Lombardi House in Hollywood: home of the prettiest house + modern barn you’ve ever seen! The event is from 10a-1p.
- A scrumptious lunch by Heirloom LA is included, along with snacks and beverages from Annie’s, Organic Valley, and Leaf & Love Lemonade.
- To satisfy your sweet tooth, grab some treats from Sweet & Saucy Shop and a refreshing paleta from Sí Paletas.
- There will activities for everyone including…
- Bubble fun by Best Bubble Parties
- A craft activity by Camp Craft
- A garden activity by Bramble Gardens
- Drumming for the whole family with Free to Be Me Drum Circle
- Photobooth fun from Flipbooth LA
- Stroller cleaning by The Tot Squad
- A braid bar & hair finishing station by Spoke & Weal Salon
- A Tattly station — for all your “designy temporary tattoos”
- A station for kiddos to put together a floral posey for their mamas
- Great tunes spun by Daisy O’Dell
- … and an incredible auction with items donated from all of your favorite mama brands + great dining experiences, gift certificates and luxury items!
- I’ve brought on all my favorite pals to help make the playdate gorgeous…
- Found Vintage Rentals for stylish lounges and furniture. It’s hard to imagine a Love & Splendor event without them!
- 204 Events for sleek and modern rentals — love their inventory!
- La Tavola Linen for cheerful patterned linens
- Geronimo Balloons with their signature balloons & frill
- Twig & Twine — brightening up the event with her colorful florals
- Everything will be beautifully captured by Lauren & Abby Ross (photography) and Shark Pig (video production)
- …and of course, Love & Splendor will be there with bells on (probably not literally, but who knows), holding down the fort and making sure everything runs smoothly! You’ll also likely catch me playing at all of the above stations…
I hope to see you on Saturday! If you’re a reader, please come up and say hi! I’d love to meet you. 😉