Happy First Day of Summer! School is out for Olive and I am looking forward to all the uninterrupted family time that comes with this time of year. Bring on the BBQs, the watermelon, and the beach days. I love a spontaneous adventure as much as the next gal, but let’s face it: a planner has gotta plan sometimes. 😉 Today I was inspired to write up a little summer bucket list to get some fun activities on the calendar for my family.
Summer Bucket List 2016
- Host a Korean BBQ dinner at our house
- Make homemade ice cream (this isn’t difficult, since I’ve made multiple batches already in the last month…)
- Go berry or cherry picking
- Beach bonfire, complete with s’mores
- Make popsicles
- Backyard campout
- Go bowling
- Sidewalk chalk afternoon
- Watch a movie at the drive-in
- Tie-dye with Olive
- Watch a baseball game
- Picnic at the beach
- Day at the Midstate Fair
- Make lemonade
- Family hike
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Family bike ride
- Go stargazing at a local dark sky location
- Watch the sunrise and the sunset on the same day
- Read the World Summer Book Club
Other givens: lots of apple tasting at Gopher Glen, eating tons of homegrown tomatoes and sugar snap peas from our garden, park days, play dates and road trips.
What am I missing? I’d love to hear something on your own summer bucket list! Hope you’re having a great start to the week; see you again soon!