Happy Monday, everyone! How is it already Thanksgiving week?! I am equal parts shocked and delighted. This year we have the pleasure of hosting Thanksgiving in our own home and I couldn’t be more excited. With all the traveling we’ve been doing this year, it feels great to just be home for the holiday. 😉 I also look forward to creating more of our own little traditions as a family as Olive gets older. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw a sneak peek of the reclaimed wood dining table that Erik is building for me. I can’t wait to set it for our Thanksgiving meal!
Over the weekend, I spent some time menu planning and pantry-stocking for the big meal. I plan to pick up the perishables and fresh veggies tomorrow from our local farm. Here’s what’s on the menu so far…
- Appetizers: cheese, charcuterie, lots of olives (yum!)… maybe a roasted cauliflower soup
- Whole roasted turkey (we picked up an organic, free-range turkey from Mary’s Turkeys // raised about 150 miles from me!!)
- Apple + Pecan + Chesnut Stuffing (apples from our favorite local apple stand: Gopher Glen)
- Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots (a healthier take on my childhood favorite, using green beans from our local Rutiz Farms)
- Chardonnay Glazed Carrots (recipe from Better Homes and Gardens)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts (with and without bacon, of course)
- Twice Baked Potatoes (fully loaded with cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives)
- Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple and Marshmallows (yummmm! This is Erik’s sister’s specialty!)
- Whole Cranberry Sauce
- Apple Crumble (Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Fuji and Christmas Bliss apples from Gopher Glen)
- Homemade vanilla bean ice cream with salted caramel swirl
- Our favorite warm apple cider. It makes the entire house smell heavenly as it sits in the crock pot!
What am I forgetting?? I’d love to hear your Thanksgiving meal “must haves” in the comments. I still have time to improvise! 🙂
Hope you’re having a great start to your week — see you soon!