Today is a BIG day for Love & Splendor: for the first time since starting the business in 2005, I am actively seeking a new team member! After 8 seasons working by my side, my darling sister Anna is ready to “retire” from the wedding world. The truth is, she has another full-time job and wants to savor more of her free time with her husband and puppies. Of course, we are going to miss her terribly. Anna has been with me from the very beginning, and she has given me so much love & support along the way. I am endlessly grateful to her for everything she has done to help me build this company, and how she has blessed countless couples along the way. <3 If you are one of them, I know she’d love reading your comments about your experience with her!
With Anna moving on, Michelle and I are eager to add a new fresh face to the Love & Splendor team. With Michelle, I never embarked on a job search. You can read about how she joined the team HERE. So this is a new endeavor for me. But, I can’t hide my excitement. I know that there is a lot of fun in store with bringing on a new face, and I can’t wait to grow alongside this new addition. I am excited about the possibility that YOU are out there reading this right now (hi!!) — I can’t wait to meet YOU!
[ Job Description ] : Love & Splendor is seeking a southern Californian to join our tightly-knit planning + design team as an assistant coordinator. We are a boutique company, taking on a limited number of curated weddings per year, working with stylish and discerning clientele from all over the globe. Our team is known for sincere relationships with our clients, innate style and design sense, professionalism and expertise, excellent relationships with the best vendors in the industry and of course, having a ball on the job. We love what we do and it shows! We work with our clients to plan, design, implement and style personalized celebrations of love and splendor. 😉 And now we are looking for YOU.
Our new assistant coordinator will join us on the job at our weddings, helping us set up, install and style each celebration to perfection. Your schedule will obviously depend on our wedding roster, but you can expect to dedicate a good portion (12-20) weekends of your year to working with us. You will work directly with our clients and vendors to ensure that each wedding and event is a seamless production. Of course, we will train and equip you every step of the way. Note this is NOT a full-time job, and your work will vary considerably from month to month, season to season. This is the perfect job for someone who is looking for fun & fulfilling part-time work on the weekends. This is also NOT an internship. After one initial trial event, you will be paid for your time on the job. We value the hard work you will contribute to our team. Does this describe YOU?
- You love the world of weddings and events, and are interested in both the planning/logistical/organizational side as well as the design/style side.
- You consider yourself a hard worker, with a cheerful attitude. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the sometimes unglamorous work that comes with events. (e.g. raking up flower petals, building structures, getting up on ladders to hang glass orbs.. you know, the usual!)
- You have a great innate sense of style and think you have “the eye” when it comes to fashion, graphic design, interior design and of course, event design. (Don’t worry about tooting your own horn here — confidence is key.)
- You are intelligent, professional, creative, good-natured, well-spoken, calm under pressure, always smiling, laughing constantly, not overly sarcastic, charming to boot!
- You are NOT looking to get your “feet wet” in the industry. You are NOT hoping to get some experience before starting your own business. Very frankly, we are not looking to train someone up and lose them in a year. Our company is small & tight knit for a reason — we’d like to remain as a stable team that our vendors and clients can get to know and count on. As you can tell, turnover is not big with us. 😉 We want to find someone who will become L&S family and is committed to staying on board for the foreseeable future. **If you are interested in training/education opportunities, feel free to email separately about that.
If you are out there thinking that you are perfect for this job, I want to hear from you! Please make sure to follow these instructions carefully. Attention to detail is vital in this industry; unfortunately we will not be reviewing incomplete or incorrectly-submitted applications. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
- A cover letter in the body of your email (NOT ATTACHED), introducing yourself and why you think YOU’re the one.
- At the bottom of your cover letter, please answer the following 3 questions: 1) Snow or sand — where would you rather spend your days? 2) What song always gets you dancing? 3) What do you order at Starbucks?
- A photo of yourself
- Your current résumé (It’s OK if you don’t have any event experience, but we still want to see what you’ve been up to!)
You have from now until 6p PST on SATURDAY, August 31st, 2013 to apply. You can expect an email response confirming that your application was received. Selected applicants may be interviewed the following week (in person in Los Angeles or via Skype).
I hope you all have an incredible Thursday! Now ready, set, GO!
Aww, wishing Anna all the best! Angel and Anna planned our wedding in June 2008 and did such an incredible job– people still talk about it! The whole day is such a blur in so many ways, but one of my clearest memories is waiting upstairs with Anna before the ceremony was going to begin. I was so nervous, but Anna kept me calm and relaxed by telling me all sorts of random and funny stories about her life. I didn’t have any bridesmaids, so this girl bonding time before thngs got started was really nice. You guys are the best! xoxo
Congratulations to Anna! I remember Anna on the Friday before our wedding day setting up our immense amount of wedding decor. I felt so bad,I just wanted to pitch in and help. I also remember her sweet smile and calming presence the day of. I am sure she will truly be missed.
But…girl, my heart almost came out of my chest when I read this post. I have been following you and the L&S team since 2007 and I can’t wait to apply! Pick me, Pick Me!JK :)Best of luck to Anna!
I wish Hannah were old enough. I think this is right up her alley & she would certainly love working with you, Angel! Maybe in a few years, you’ll have a spot for someone again.
ooo! sounds like so much fun!!!
i’m going to miss you terribly, anna. we always (and i mean, always!) have such a blast working together and you have not only become a dear friend to me, you are like a sister. guess this means i’ll have to come hang out with you in your hood now. 🙂
anna is awesome!! her kind and sweet smile, patient and happy nature, helped make my wedding day one to remember. every detail of the day was put together wonderfully, our schedule flowed nicely, and it was such a good day. we still get comments about how well planned the whole wedding was, how great it was. and we have love and splendor to thank. especially anna! <3 to you all.